Tag: 上海品茶推荐

Jamaicans Urged To Reach Out To Children

first_imgJamaicans Urged To Reach Out To Children CultureApril 8, 2014Written by: Garfield L. Angus Jamaicans Urged To Reach Out To ChildrenJIS News | Presented by: PausePlay% buffered00:0000:00UnmuteMuteDisable captionsEnable captionsSettingsCaptionsDisabledQualityundefinedSpeedNormalCaptionsGo back to previous menuQualityGo back to previous menuSpeedGo back to previous menu0.5×0.75×Normal1.25×1.5×1.75×2×Exit fullscreenEnter fullscreenPlay An appeal has been made by Minister of Youth and Culture, Hon. Lisa Hanna, for responsible members of the society to reach out to children with care and protection.“The society must view itself as a key part of the healing of our children in State care,” the Minister said, while giving an update on the latest reports on child abuse, at a press briefing, held at the Ministry, in Kingston, on Tuesday, April 8.Miss Hanna encouraged persons to treat all children as their own, noting that they are hurting from abuse at home and “helping them to overcome the hurt is not a quick fix, and as psychologists will tell you, recovery from abuse takes years.”The Minister said those who break the law must be held accountable for their behaviour, but “we continue to urge the society to show these children empathy, understanding, and love to promote their healing and restoration; and to refrain from exploiting their pain.”The Office of the Children’s Registry (OCR), in a preliminary report, pointed to 3,100 cases of child abuse for the first three months of the year, while for the same period last year, the total number was 2,800.Miss Hanna said in many of the cases, physical and other abuses were meted out to the children, as well as parental neglect.The Minister said the abuses are “grave concerns, and matters we must collectively address as a matter of urgency, to effectively deal with the crisis facing our children.”“Adopt a zero tolerance approach to the abuse of our children by reporting all forms of abuse,” Miss Hanna encouraged.According to the Minister, persons can help in the restoration of abused children, by providing emotional support to those who have been rescued and placed in State care facilities, through mentorship programmes by churches, clubs and other organizations, as well as individuals. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail RelatedRastafari Village opened in St. James RelatedChildren’s Advisory Panel Making an Impactcenter_img Related25 Persons and Groups Get PM’s Youth Awards for Excellence Story HighlightsMinister Hanna has called for responsible members of the society to reach out to children with care and protection.Miss Hanna encouraged persons to treat all children as their own, noting that they are hurting from abuse at home.The Minister said those who break the law must be held accountable for their behaviour. Photo: Garfield Angus Minister of Youth and Culture, Hon. Lisa Hanna (3rd left), speaking at a press briefing, held on April 8, at the Ministry in St. Andrew, where she presented a report on child abuse. Others (from left) are: Senior Advisor to Minister Hanna, Mrs. Sadie Keating; Chief Executive Officer of the Child Development Agency (CDA), Mrs. Rosalee Gage-Grey, and Acting Permanent Secretary in the Ministry, Mrs. Sherrill O’Reggio-Angus. Advertisementslast_img read more

Council activates Severe Weather Assessment Team ahead of Storm Jorge

first_imgHomepage BannerNews DL Debate – 24/05/21 Council activates Severe Weather Assessment Team ahead of Storm Jorge By News Highland – February 28, 2020 RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter WhatsApp Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Donegal County Council have activated their Severe Weather Assessment Team and all Council resources are at a heightened state of readiness in preparation for the arrival of Storm Jorge.A status orange wind warning is in place for the county from 12 noon tomorrow until 3am on Sunday a status yellow rain warning has also been issued.The Council say given the extent of rainfall over the past three weeks the ground is at saturation point and with the combination of weakened ground and high winds there is a high likelihood of trees falling during this period.As this period of unsettled weather is approaching its third week people are being asked to keep an eye out for elderly neighbours or other vulnerable people who may be affected by either localised flooding or by blocked access routes due to fallen trees / power lines. There is also a risk of power outages over the weekend due to fallen power lines and people are advised to put practical measures in place such as having their mobile phones charged and to have a torch or lamp readily available.Motorists are being reminded to take extra care while driving and to keep an eye out for fallen trees and power lines and to be aware that there is a high possibility of encountering flooded roads as well over the weekend.The Irish Coast Guard is also advising the public along coastal areas to ‘Stay back, stay high and stay dry’.Given the limitations on Council resources to respond to all possible locations, the Council is asking property owners / occupiers in areas susceptible to surface water flooding, to take proactive measures themselves including erecting flood barriers / sandbags to protect their properties.Donegal County Council can be contacted during normal business hours on 074 91 53900 and in the event of an out of hours emergency the Council can be contacted on 074 91 72288.  For emergencies requiring the assistance of the Fire Service call 999 or 112.You can keep up to date on conditions by signing up for free alerts to your phone by registering at www.mapalerter.com/donegal or by following Donegal County Council on Facebook or on Twitter @DonegalCouncil. Facebook Twitter News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th center_img Pinterest WhatsApp Google+ Facebook Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Previous articleFour appear in court after disturbance at funeral in StrabaneNext articleDonegal man convicted of repeatedly raping teenage girl News Highland Pinterest Google+ Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programmelast_img read more

Pattaya Cricket Club ease into cup final with 6 wicket win

first_imgThe PCC captain Simon ensued there were no late order travails with a composed 13no.  But it was Manik who was the star of the innings with a beautiful 54no, finishing with a glorious straight six to ensure PCC’s 6 wicket victory, the man of the match award and a place in the Grand Final on Sunday 28th January in Bangkok.PCC would like to invite any supporters to come along for a great finals day out, the details of the fixture will be advertised on the club Facebook page and website. It was an unusually hot and sticky Sunday morning at the Thai Polo Ground, the home of Pattaya CC, when the two captains strode out to the wicket for the toss.  Kerala CC won it and elected to bat first in the cup semi final with the winners facing the Southerners in the final.The PCC opening bowlers, Andy Emery and Lee Standen, started superbly as the new ball offered assistance through the air and off the wicket.  Lee made the breakthrough when Simon Philbrook held a sharp chance at a deep gully and Wezley Masterton held an even better catch at cover point.  When Venky snaffled a catch at mid off, Kerala CC were 20 for 3 and behind a par scoring rate.Peter Gangur’s (2/19) wily spin and Basu’s (1/16) inswing maintained the pressure on the opposition batsmen.  Wezley (1/25) bowled with his usual aggression that at times was too quick for the lower order batsmen and Damith Tilakaratna (0/12) continued PCC’s dominance.  A few lapses in concentration from Paul Hack behind the stumps gave KCC some respite but Lee returned at the death to mop up the tail and finish with a very tidy 4 for 22, as KCC were all out in the last over for 111.  A special mention should go to Shaun Jones who was outstanding in the field.In reply PCC made the worst possible start when Venky was beaten for pace and lost his off stump first ball.  Wezley’s (14) cameo allowed Andy to stake a claim for a regular top order spot but he soon found the pace too hot and was cleaned up also without troubling the scorers.  At the other end Manik was seemly untroubled and when he was joined by Lee the pair calmly added 44 runs to take the PCC score to 76 before Lee (16) was caught behind.last_img read more

Legursky, Harris among cuts for Steelers

first_imgIn this Aug. 28, 2014, file photo, Pittsburgh Steelers running back Josh Harris (40) runs away from Carolina Panthers defensive back Colin Jones (42) in the fourth quarter of a NFL preseason football game in Pittsburgh. (AP Photo/Don Wright, File)PITTSBURGH (AP) — Doug Legursky’s return to the Pittsburgh Steelers didn’t last long.The team cut the veteran offensive lineman on Saturday, less than two weeks after they signed him as a potential replacement for injured All-Pro center Maurkice Pouncey. Legursky started 17 games for the Steelers during his first stint in Pittsburgh from 2009-12, including the 2011 Super Bowl against Green Bay when Pouncey was hurt.Pittsburgh also released running back Josh Harris, who was vying for a backup spot behind Le’Veon Bell and DeAngelo Williams. Bell is suspended for the first two games of the season stemming from his arrest last summer on DUI and drug charges, meaning the Steelers will rely heavily on Williams and second-year back Dri Archer to help fill the void. Coach Mike Tomlin did not rule out scanning the waiver wire for additional depth heading into Thursday’s opener at New England.“Replacing a guy as dynamic as (Bell) is not usually a one-man job,” Tomlin said. “We have guys with skills capable enough of filling that void. I’m excited about watching them do it, with Dri being one of them.”The Steelers did keep a pair of fullbacks, with veteran Will Johnson and newcomer Roosevelt Nix both surviving as Pittsburgh trimmed the roster to 55. The Steelers had two additional spots to fill with Bell and wide receiver Martavis Bryant unavailable. Tomlin said having the flexibility made the decision making easier at the deadline.“You often spend a lot of time debating on the guys from 50 through 55,” Tomlin said. “Having those two additional spots minimized that discussion.”Nix helped his cause by blocking a punt in the preseason finale against Carolina. A former defensive tackle, the 5-foot-11, 245-pound Nix began training camp as a roster filler before winning the staff over with his relentless play, a valuable character trait for a team hoping to give special teams ace Robert Golden a running mate.“I always played with that chip on my shoulder,” Nix said. “I really didn’t appreciate it when somebody tells me I can’t do it.”Nix was one of 13 undrafted free agents to make the Steelers. Pittsburgh also kept wide receiver Tyler Murphy, a converted quarterback. Nearly all of the Steelers’ 2015 draft picks also survived cut day, including outside linebacker Anthony Chickillo, who becomes the third generation of his family to make an NFL roster.Pittsburgh cut seventh-round pick Gerod Holliman, who led the FBS in interceptions last fall at Louisville. The Steelers signed free agent Ross Cockrell for depth. Cockrell was a fourth-round selection by Buffalo last season.“He’s a smart, savvy guy,” Tomlin said. “He knows how to cover guys as well. He has long arms and we are excited about getting to know him and include him into our equation.”___AP NFL websites: http://pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFLlast_img read more

Pep Guardiola: It will do Barcelona well to have lost a few games

first_img CET 02/12/2016 Guardiola: “Al Barça le vendrá bien haber perdido un poco” In the Champions League clash between City and Barça, Pep described the Blaugrana as “the best team in the world.” He added here: “I hope that they can demonstrate what they are. I don’t think it’s been a bad start to the season. They’ve qualified in the Champions League and it’s only the 13th or 14th league game.”  Upd. at 18:45 Pol Ballús Pep Guardiola’s given his opinion on Saturday’s Clasico between Barcelona and Real Madrid. The current Manchester City manager showed his confidence in Barça and his convinced their recent slump will make them even stronger: “For teams that win so much, losing a little every now and again does them well well, and it will do Barcelona really good.”  IN SPORT.ES Barça-Madrid has been presented as the key to defining the levels of both teams, with Madrid six points clear, but the Catalan coach is convinced his former club will fight until the end: “Barça will be there or thereabouts in La Liga. I hope they win on Saturday.”last_img read more

Britain’s billionaire Jim Ratcliffe enquire to buy Manchester United

first_imgAdvertisement siNBA Finals | Brooklyn VswbhpWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Edv7( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) v8zWould you ever consider trying this?😱xvcr1uCan your students do this? 🌚rfn2Roller skating! Powered by Firework The billionaire of Britain, Jim Ratcliffe wished to buy Manchester United recently. According to the reports in England, the billionaire enquired about the possibility of buying the old traditional club from the Glazers family.Advertisement Manchester United were not having a  good previous season. On the other hand, the Glazers family is also not happy with the performance of the Red Devils in the previous season. However, there is no certain report claiming that the Glazers family will sell the club. According to the sources, the Glazers family brought the club with a huge amount of £750 million few years ago.Advertisement Certainly now they will be eyeing to sell the club with more money than the buying price. However, they have failed to come to a conclusion about the future of the club. At this moment the club management of Manchester United will need to buy new players to make a comeback to the top flight of European football in the next season.The club management have to spend a lot of money to change the whole setup. If Jim Ratcliffe comes as the owner of the club, it might be a tough time for him also as the club needs a complete new look to bring back their glorious days.Advertisement Complete Premier League 2019/20 fixture list  Advertisementlast_img read more