Tag: 上海后花园MJG

Local Property Tax rate to remain unchanged in Laois

first_imgSEE ALSO – Lose anything at Electric Picnic? Here is how you could get it back Home News Local Property Tax rate to remain unchanged in Laois News TAGSLocal Property Tax Pinterest Twitter Community Facebook By Alan Hartnett – 11th September 2018 Charlie Flanagan on Electric Picnic: ‘I’d ask organisers to consult with community leaders’ Laois County Councillors have voted unanimously to leave the Property Tax Rate in the county unchanged.The Council earned €492,000 from the tax last year and that was used to service roads, graveyards, playgrounds and much more.Director of Services Gerry Murphy told how over 12,000 properties in Laois are valued in the lowest band between €1 and €100,000 and they pay €90.Around 11,000 properties are in the €100,000 to €150,000 category and they each pay €225.While just 1% of properties in Laois fall into the over €300,000 band and they pay €595.Laois County Council gets to keep 80% of the money generated from this and the remaining 20% goes into a national fund which is redistributed among all of the councils.The Council also plays the property tax and all local authority homes and this amounted to €200,000 last year.All of the Councillors in the chamber commended the Council staff for how they have used the funds generated from this to carry out various projects around the county. Facebook WhatsAppcenter_img Five Laois monuments to receive almost €200,000 in government funding Local Property Tax rate to remain unchanged in Laois Previous articleLose anything at Electric Picnic? Here is how you could get it backNext articlePortlaoise man shines at Irish Hair and Beauty Awards Alan HartnettStradbally native Alan Hartnett is a graduate of Knockbeg College who has worked in the local and national media since 2008. Alan has a BA in Economics, Politics and Law and an MA in Journalism from DCU. His happiest moment was when Jody Dillon scored THAT goal in the Laois senior football final in 2016. WhatsApp Community Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter Council New Arles road opens but disquiet over who was invited to official openinglast_img read more